Thursday, January 31, 2013

all about bangs and facial types.

As a child, I would sometimes do spontaneous things, such as chop all my hair off, or decide that I needed a little change and give myself bangs. I struggled with this problem for.... Well, let's just say I have yet to get over it.
I blame it on why I always end up with bangs. I grow them out, then decide that I need to cut them. I had gone about two years without bangs, and I liked being able to do more of a Victoria Secret Beach Wave style without having to worry about incorporating my bangs into it. But then in beauty school I had an instructor who I had told I decided I wanted to get them back. So she said, "Sit down and hand me your scissors." 

She cut them... And I loved them, of course.

 My inspiration came from this picture. 



I was obsessed with the faux bob and the thick, dramatic bangs.









Obviously not everybody can pull them off- especially the thick, blunt bang-depending on your facial shape. 
The universal, so-called perfect facial shape is oval... So any style that you have should be trying to achieve the more oval appearance. This is what usually dictates how well one's hair cut will appear.

If you have a Round Facial Shape like Christina Ricci:


Side swept bangs are something you should definitely try!
To soften your wider cheeks, keep your bangs longer and blended into your hair. 




For Oval Facial Shapes like Rose Byrne:



Like I said before, if you have an oval facial shape you can pretty much get away with any bang, or style that you desire (Consider yourself very, very lucky...)
That being said, the best bang for you is going to be what Rose Byrne has- a thicker, longer bang.


Square Facial Shape like Jennifer Garner:



The best bangs for you are long, side-swept bangs. They should hit just below the brow but be longer on the sides. 


Heart Shaped Face Like Reese Witherspoon: 




Layered, feathered bangs are perfect if you have a heart-shaped face.



Long fringe, such as Rashida Jones. The fringe should sweep just below the brow and a tad longer on the sides. 





.... Like much else in this world, there are exceptions to these rules. Take Taylor Swift for Instance. She has a round facial shape, and yet she pulls off the straight across bang (Which is supposedly banned for a round facial shape) but it also depends on how you wear them. She wears hers longer on the sides and shorter in the middle, rounding them at the corners, creating an angle. 



I hope I have convinced everybody who reads this to cut their bangs!
 I am obsessed with these looks, and would encourage just about anybody to try them!



<3mykel

No comments:

Post a Comment