Sunday, February 10, 2013

How To: Tiffany's Polka-Dot Manicure


That minty, Tiffany blue color is one of my favorite colors in this world! Not because it is associated with some of the prettiest jewelry in the world, but the color just sort of speaks for itself;  It's simply stunning! For a while I wanted everything I owned to be that color, or at least match that color so it would go along with whatever else I wore (that was that color!) but then I decided I wanted a Tiffany's manicure.
It was pretty easy to do, actually! Just prep your hands how you would for a normal manicure (An exfoliating scrub of your choice, a hydrating lotion, clean off the nails with acetone, etc)

1. Prime- A good base coat can make or break your manicure. If you don't put on a base coat you risk having your nails turn a yellow-ish color, and your manicure won't last as long (Nobody wants that!)



I love Nicole by OPI Base Coat Plus





2. Apply your colored polish! This is the fun part. I used Revlon Top Speed in Jaded. These types of colors can be very tricky because they are considered creme colors and are hard to use because they tend to streak. My best advice for that is to do thin, very even coats, and if you have to you can do as many coats as it take to get the deep color you want!


My choice was Revlon Top Speed in Jaded






I love polka dots, so I am always incorporating them into my style however I can, and this was the perfect opportunity for me to do so! 

I took a bottle of white nail polish (I used OPI) and took a toothpick. Once my Jaded colored polish was entirely dry, I dipped the toothpick in the white polish and very carefully applied it to the colored polish. You can be random with your polka dots,  or you can evenly space them apart from another- either way it's a really, really fun way to accent a gorgeous color!


I love OPI in Alpine Snow


3. Apply your Top Coat- Much like the base coat, a top coat is very important! It helps the polish to shine as well as seal it and prevents chipping!





I love Nicole by OPI Top Coat Plus




This was my finished look!








It was my favorite combination in one! I would recommend a polka-dot manicure to anybody, and you can mix and match with all sorts of colors! I just chose my favorite! You can wear really pretty pastel colors with this manicure to help accentuate the cream, or you can make it stand out by wearing dark colors... Either way, it's so pretty!

-mykel :)




No comments:

Post a Comment