Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Craze Of Fashion Glasses


I'll confess; I am obsessed with this look as much as any other fashionista out there.

Some trends I personally will never be able to make my own (Ex: A pixie cut, leggings and boots, and Starbucks coffee...) but this is one that I fell in love with as much as the rest of the fashion world. Maybe it's the subtle hint of sophistication amid the loud scream of a nerd, or possible vice versa. I try to secretly incorporate my own pair of fashion glasses into my everyday life. I wear them to work (which I work in a Salon, so I easily get away with it) I wear them with my bangs up, down, my hair in a bun, or curled. I have yet to find a hairstyle and make-up look that these little gems don't fit right into!

I personally own two pairs: Standard black, and a pair of cat eye shaped ones. I love them both equally. I love to wear the cat eye ones with winged eyeliner, and bright lips! (I usually wear them with pink from Mac in the shade "Girl About Town") 




I bring this picture back from the grave of a previous post because it was the first picture I saw that made me fall in love with the look of fashion glasses. I used the example of the bangs for an earlier post and I do not mean this lightly when I said that I pretty much went through a phase where I wanted this to be my face. Mission accomplished, until I got bored with it (as I so often do)



This is another one of my favorite looks! I quickly grew obsessed with the bun, dark lips, and comfortable sweater along with the glasses, and it was just another look I put on my "To Be" list.




Here is an excellent example of a chic way to wear these glasses! I love the long, loose curls and the bangs! The headband is an extra touch of femininity that I love in contrast to the glasses! 




Lastly, here is a good representation of the cat eye glasses! This picture was the reason I bought a pair!




Here are my own looks! Not featured is my cat-eye glasses. 



                                 I wore my hair in a messy bun even though you can't see it.



Another confession: I also fell victim to the bird craze (hint: the scarf) 
Here I wore a dark lipstick as opposed to the nude lip in my other picture, and I think the darker lip suits the glasses well, y'know? :)



I bought my glasses on Amazon, but you can get them all sorts of places! A lot of accessories stores sell them. You can't see in the pictures, but the insides of mine are cheetah print (that dark brown and black kind) Which I love! I feel like it adds a little extra character to a pair of glasses that are clearly a fashion statement all by themselves.

<3 mykel

No comments:

Post a Comment