Saturday, January 26, 2013

How To: Sunset Eye Tutorial


I was just thinking the other day that I needed a little winter "Pick Me Up" and what better way to do that than with some fun make-up?

I will start this tutorial off by saying I am a major magazine junkie. I have just about about every one (Elle, Glamour, Teen Vogue, Vogue, Seventeen, etc...) And I find myself often aimlessly reading for hours, ripping out pictures, pasting them together and trying it for myself.
This look is inspired by a look from the May 2012 Seventeen magazine, and I have done it more than once, that's how much I love it! 
It's perfect for summertime, spring time, or (If you're like me) all year round.



The main colors used are yellow, orange and a deep, coral red:



Whenever I follow these tutorials from magazines I always tend to do some things different when I try them out for myself, so what I'm doing isn't precisely what is listed as the instructions from the magazine.

 After I have applied all of my foundation,  primer and concealer, I start on my eyes. Always use a  primer with your eye shadow for long lasting wear (I love Urban Decay Eye Primer, but you can use whatever you like. If you need something from your current make-up you can always use some concealer on the lids, which will help the colors last)

1. Take you lightest color (in this case the yellow. You can use any brand you like, but I would make sure it's high pigmented, something that will show up vibrant!) and apply it from the inner corners of your eye, across the entire lid and brow bone, and underneath the bottom lid. This will serve as your base, and brightens up the eyes.

2. Next, take your darker color (Orange in this case) and apply it to the lid. Apply into the crease and three quarters of the way on your lid. Use your blending brush to blend in.

4. To finish the eyes, curl your lashes with a lash curler and apply mascara of your choice (I like Victoria Secret, or Clinique)

For the lips, you can choose a coral or a red. I choose a coral for my look. I used Aveda Star Coral Lipstick. To finish the look, sweep on your favorite blush (Preferably a pink color in dark or light.)

I like the idea of this look being more matte, so I opted out of using shimmery colors or glossy lips.
You can style your hair however you would like. To enhance the dramatic eye and bold lip I pulled my hair into a high ponytail, or you could even try a bun. I accessorized  lightly- I wore some Anchor styled earrings from Forever 21, similar to these:




Here was my finished look!








<3mykel



1 comment: