Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blue Eyes & 80's Flashback

Let's be honest with ourselves; Whenever we hear "Blue Eye Shadow" a part of us panics because whenever we think of blue eye shadow we have a terrible 80's flashback, and there is usually a scrunchy involved.
(Disclaimer: I actually am fond of the 80's style, and I think it was the revolution to fantastic hair and experimental make-up)

Blue eye shadow is coming back more and more, but the key to a good Blue Eyed look is application
Here is what'll you need to complete your modern day blue eye:
  •  at least two different shades of blue
  •  a white or shimmer eye shadow
  •  two different colors of eyeliner (usually turquoise and blue)
  • Black Mascara

Another key to a modern blue eye is a pale lip. I would never think to wear any lip color but a pink, and a light, neutral one at that.

To begin, I always apply a Primer- I cannot stress enough how important it is to prime your lids before you apply your shadow- it helps it last soo much longer and prevents creasing!

1. Take your lightest shade of blue and apply it to the lid and on you bottom lash line (almost as if you were applying eyeliner.)

2. Take your second blue (this should be the darker) and apply it to the outer corners of your eye and on the crease. Blend well using a blending brush.

3. Use your white shimmer eye shadow and press it onto the inner corners of your lid and along your brow bone (make sure to press in your shimmery colors, it helps them stick)

4. Lastly I take my blue eyeliner and apply it to the top lash line. Repeat with turquoise on your bottom lash line.

 5. Finish with curling your lashes and applying two coats of black mascara.

6. You can wear whatever lip color you want (Think: Pale, Neutral, Light)
I wore Oyster Pink from AVEDA's 2012 Spring Collection.


Here was my finished look(s): 



My recent posts have confirmed that a new addiction for me is matching my eyes with my nail polish and accessories.
Call it Cliche, I don't mind.

Here is a prime example of an 80's flashback.
Secretly, I am in love with the 80's, or maybe just the big hair.
And yes, if case you were wondering that is my 100% natural hair! (I was apparently supposed to be born in that era.)


-mykel:)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that's your hair in the last photo! I love how dark your hair is these days. I'm thinking of going darker myself, do you think that would work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know I am kind of getting addicted to dark, so I had to stop myself at the color I am now so I don't end up too dark! But yes! I think you could definitely go darker! It would be pretty!

      Delete