Saturday, February 23, 2013

How to: Perfect Nude Lips (Myth By MAC)

If there is one thing I love more than a bold, deep and rich lip, it would be a nude one! I searched forever to find the perfect nude lip, and how to achieve one! I love, love, love Myth from MAC, and Oyster Pink from Aveda. Since Oyster Pink was a limited edition and you can no longer buy it, I thought it best to focus on Myth by MAC.

For a nude lip it is still important to:

  •  Exfoliate your lips (Mascara wand, lipbalm...)
  •  Conceal your lips. The best tip I ever learned about how to get a perfect nude lip was to apply concealer. Not a lot, mostly just dab it on, covering the entire lip.Then you can put your lipstick on over it. 
  • Finish with Gloss. To smooth out my color (sometimes nude lipsticks tend to look dry) I use Aveda Nourish-Mint gloss in Agave Nectar. It has some shine to it, but it accentuates the nude color perfectly.
Whenever I wear a nude lip I always love to do a dramatic eye- usually a purple and brown pallete (My eyes are brown so it accentuates them really well) But sometimes I like to keep my eyes simple and use a shimmer eye shadow in a light pink and a little eyeliner.



Myth By MAC
Agave Nectar By AVEDA






I love this look because it's very chic and girly. Here my eyes are colored in deep browns and rich purples.



Here is an example of a Nude Lip with Gloss (AVEDA Agave Nectar) and a less dramatic eye. I didn't put concealer on in this picture, so you can see the difference on how much darker this is compared to the other.




<3mykel

No comments:

Post a Comment