Friday, February 22, 2013

How-To: Decorate Your Own Mug

I love to decorate. From my first ever blog post I made that pretty clear. 
I am always looking for an opportunity for a craft or some sort of project involving creativity or color! 
Making my mug was pretty simple:

  • Take any glass mug and wash and dry it really well.
  • Use all different colors of Sharpies to draw any designs, words, or pictures onto it.          (if you mess up, you can use 100% acetone to take it off, but make sure to wash the acetone residue off the cup before reapplying so that the sharpie will adhere again)
  • Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees
  • Put it in the oven on a cookie sheet for about 30 minutes
  • Let it cool down
  • Make sure you hand wash your mug- never put it in the dishwasher!

I have had mine for about two months and it hasn't worn off yet, but I only use it on occasion!

My inspiration for my mug came from this picture!




Here is my finished mug! :)

Add caption





<3mykel

1 comment: